Thursday, March 16, 2006

A Quick Update

First off, you may remember my post on the CGMS I made after our last area meeting of diabetic groupies. The meeting speaker was our area Minimed rep sporting a new Guardian RT. He had an endo appt the next day and I indicated I would post his A1c number when it became available. Last week I received word his A1c was 5.9... a pretty awesome number. I'm further impressed as he spends alot of time on the road and I know his diet is less than optimal. Okay, I'm pretty much sold at this point although I don't really want the bother or the expense just yet. I guess it's a good thing I can't afford it. It's reassuring to know when I get ready for a Guardian it will be more refined than the one currently available.

Second. After my mild rant on the Choice A1c Home Test, I was impressed that my refund check came in the mail Saturday, 8 days after my conversation with their support person. My opinion on the product hasn't changed and was confirmed by several fellow bloggers, but I'm impressed that Norartis stood by their word and refunded my money quickly, not the usual 4-6 weeks that everyone else seems to take.

Finally. I'm still on track with the jb100, the 100 days of fitness inspired by johnboy. Today is day 22 for me. I've had a couple of close calls with not getting it done or not wanting to get it done, but I've managed to prevail. The accountability to this group has much to do with it. I don't want to tell you guys I missed a day unless I have a very good reason.

I will say my stomach has been a little queasy the last couple of days, so rather than do my usual full workouts I've walked on the treadmill for 35 minutes at a 3.5 - 3.7 mph pace. Enough to get my heartrate up but not so much as to further agravate my stomach. I think I will feel better soon and walking at this brisk clip still fufills the 100 day requirement. My house was filled with sickness last week as both my boys were on spring break and came down with some kind of yucky head/chest/stomach condition where they felt miserable most of the week. I've probably had a minor brush with whatever that was. It's looking like I will escape the full brunt of this particular bug.

I know it's only Thursday, but here's to starting the weekend early if you can. Hope everyone has a good one!

4 Comments:

Blogger Shannon said...

22 days! Wahoo! Keep going, going, going.

I've been a slacker lately. I have to get going again today before the progress with my strength withers away.

4:28 AM  
Blogger Scott K. Johnson said...

Hey Keith!

22 days! Awesome!

I've been knocked off track with injuries and a bad stomach bug the other day, but I'll be back on the horse in no time!

You're doing super!

9:30 AM  
Blogger Johnboy said...

Go, Keith, go!!

Sometimes adjustments in intensity or activity are necessary. I'm glad you are finding away to work through your challenges to keep it up!

6:23 AM  
Blogger Johnboy said...

Keith, how's it going?

3:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home