Sunday, February 26, 2006

T-minus 3 Days And Counting

Had a close call with consistancy last night. It was a day of "honey-do's", the last one being to wire a cable outlet in the kitchen. I just about lost my cool till my sweetie came to the rescue with a fresh idea and an infusion of patience. I had to drill a hole up through the base plate in the basement and run coax cable up through the insulated wall to be 'fished out' the pre-cut hole in the kitchen wall. If you've done any of this type work it can be pretty frustrating as the cable kept getting tangled in the insulation, not to mention the initial tedium of finding the right place to drill in a almost 100 year old house. To make a long story short, we got it done but at the expense of time.

I didn't make it down to the basement for a date with the bike till 10:15p. I wrapped it up about 10:55 including a couple of minutes on each end of the 30 for warm-up/cool down. This is a little on the late side for exercising but I 'got it done'. This is one of the hazards of scheduling this in the evenings, as it's subject to the other activities of the day. I may have to reschedule for early mornings, as that's been my most successful time in the past.


Blogger Johnboy said...

Keith, way to "get it done." One time during my last streak I did a late evening workout. Morning is my time, though.

As for fishing cable, I have done this under the house (never though insulation, however...was able to peel that back) and it really helps having someone in the house to help as well!

3:01 AM  
Blogger Keith said...

I'm thinking seriously about rescheduling for mornings, but that's not without problems too. For instance, next week I have four 7:00a meetings in a row. That will put wake-ups in the 5:00a area. This isn't a bad thing but means I'm going to have to get to bed earlier than I am now.

On the wiring front, adding to the frustration was the fact that I didn't really want to do this, but knew it needed to be done. My wife scrounged around the house and located something that worked better than what I was currectly using. She's actually a little better than I at 'thinking outside the box' and that's just what the situation needed. (The extra dose of patience didn't hurt either!)

6:00 AM  
Blogger Shannon said...

Jeff has had to fish lines through the wall (or however you say it) and I've seen how frustrating it can be.

Hopefully you won't have another late night workout.

You stuck to your guns though even though you aren't officially starting until March 1st. I'm impressed.

6:07 AM  
Blogger Keith said...

Yes, hopefully I won't have another one quite that late. I'll probably have to change workout times, but I'm just not quite ready to do it yet.

10:49 AM  
Blogger Scott K. Johnson said...

That cabling can be so frustrating! I'm glad I don't do that for a living (although those guys usually have the tools to make it easier!).

Very nice on still getting your workout done! Did you have any trouble getting to sleep after exercising so late? I worry about that - I have a bit of trouble when I play ball in the evening. Seems like it takes extra long to wind down and fall asleep.

12:07 PM  
Blogger Keith said...

I think you hit the nail on the head with your correct tool comment, I'm sure it would have been easier had I had them.

I didn't have any trouble sleeping that night because my boy's came in and wanted to talk... until 2:00a... but yes, sometimes after exercising late I do have trouble sleeping or a least getting 'restful' sleep until later in the night.

1:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home