Monday, February 27, 2006

T-Minus 2 Days And Counting

I was surprised when I reviewed last week. I accomplished the 30 minute workout for 6 days and took Wednesday off. My bGs have been very good and my average TDD for the week is 37.4. I hope the pounds and inches will start slidding off soon as I'm not seeing any results on those fronts.

Last night was spent on the treadmill. I got an earlier start than on Saturday, but not as early as I'd like. I'll have to work on this issue. I hadn't been on the treadmill but about 3 minutes when it gave me an E3 error. Besides sounding like a pump error, I don't have any specifics as the treadmill was gifted to me and came without documentation. Upon observation, I noticed the belt had slipped to the side somewhat so I found the allen wrench and recentered it. No more E3s. I started with a brisk walk and at the 10 minute mark, broke into a 5mph jog. At 12+ minutes the treadmill abruptly stopped. I think there is a loosened conection inside the safety switch which will require some adjustment. Anyway I reset the switch and resumed jogging for another eight minutes and finished with a 3.8mph walk. 30 minutes accomplished.

My legs have been very tight all day from last nights workout. I took 2 ibuprofen earlier to help with inflamation and I've drunk lots of H20 to try to cleanse my system of the excess lactic acid. Neither one of those things helped much and I was considering taking a rest day. However, habits are hard to break, and I got on the bike for 30 minutes earier this evening for a less intense workout and I believe that has helped more than anything. The increased circulation has probably flushed the muscle tissues as the soreness has decreased measureably.

3 Comments:

Blogger Shannon said...

You are totally right about what you said in your last sentence. The worst thing you can do for soreness is not workout or at least not keep moving in some capacity.

5:12 AM  
Blogger Keith said...

shannon--
I agree, I feel phenominal this morning. This was an unexpected surprise. Did I mention I like surprises... especially this kind!

6:21 AM  
Blogger Johnboy said...

Dude, you are obviously quite handy around the house. What a blessing to your preparation!

3:24 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home