Tuesday, February 28, 2006

T-Minus 1 Day And Counting

I had a meeting tonight and figured I would get back to the house too late to hit the treadmill. About 5:15p I decided to 'git ur dun' and headed downstairs. Fortunately, the treadmill behaved itself, unlike Sunday night, so I got in a good 30+ minute workout. Looks like treadmill workouts are going to consist of three 10 minute segments. Ten minutes of jogging at 5 mph sandwiched between 10 minutes of of brisk (3.8 mph) walking for warm-up/cool-down. I'm at an in-between stage. The walking is too easy but the jogging gets tough beyond ~8 minutes. Increased speed and distance will come with time so I've just got to hang in there.

Last week I speculated, I would take either Monday or Tuesday off. That hasn't happened. I'm leaving my official start date at tomorrow, March 1st, but I've actually been going since last Thursday. I've already got a six day streak, so I feel good about that.

4 Comments:

Blogger Shannon said...

Keep the streak you have going now. You'll reach 100 days that much sooner.

I have a 4 day weekend in New Jersey, so I'm going to try really hard to not break my streak. I'll write about it on Monday.

In the meantime good luck with the exercising for the next 4 days!!!

5:30 AM  
Blogger Keith said...

shannon--
Thanks for the well wishes and good luck you on keeping your streak going for the next four days!

6:00 AM  
Blogger Johnboy said...

Yes, I agree. Your streak of consecutive days can be counted in any way you like as long as they are consecutive and you 'git ur dun' as you put it.

Try not to be obsessed about speed like I have become recently. The major thing is to keep your heart rate in a target zone to get the benefits of aerobic exercise.

The speed will come with increased conditioning over time. I didn't even think about it at all during that 106-day streak until maybe the very end.

Good luck...you're almost a week into it!

12:23 PM  
Blogger Keith said...

johnboy--
I think I'm going to leave my start date at 3/1 just because I said I would, but knowing I've already got a streak going is inspiring. (BTW, the 'git ur dun' phraseology comes from Larry the Cable Guy. He's pretty funny but a little on the crude side sometimes.)

Yes, I'm trying not to become obsessed with speed (or lack thereof). It's not very encouraging to know I'm running at a 12 minute mile pace, but hey, whatever it takes!

9:55 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home