Thursday, March 02, 2006

Launch - The jb100 Is Away!

On the very first day I had a brush with failure... fortunately things turned out OK. On Tuesday evening I went to a Geek meeting and had dinner complete with iced tea. The dinner was great, white chicken chili and an great salad garnished with russian and bleu cheese chunk dressing. The tea, however, must of had a triple dose of caffeine as I could not get to sleep later that evening. Actually I think it was a combination of miscalculating the meal's carb value and the caffeine. I was 245 when I got home, promptly bolused and ended at 72 right before bed. Normally a 72 is not a sleep destroyer but it combined with the caffeine evidently turned into a stimulant elixer. To cut to the chase, I got four hours sleep. About 6pm I started getting really tired, but managed to push through it. Got on the bike about 8pm and had a really good ride. I pushed the resistance up another level for a couple of minutes before backing it down. Day 1 successful.

The good news is I'm beginning to see results. This is, however, the fourth week of exercise, it's just gotten intense for the last two weeks. My TDD is averaging ~37 even with a few 4.5 unit correction boluses thrown in. My bGs are pretty much in the 80-150 range (notice I said pretty much) and I think my clothes may be fitting a little better. Possibly the best news is my sweetie wants to start exercising too. I'll keep you posted on the results as they develop.

3 Comments:

Blogger Johnboy said...

Wow, Keith. How awesome is that? Way to stay on track!

Personally, I had an ice cream treat that I dosed for last night and wound up going to bed at 120, but waking up at 176...not the usual for me, and I have my own way of (hopefully) correcting!

Today, I am hitting the gym again for Day 17 of the second streak. I have few new tunes to listen to, plus yesterday created a playlist of 250 or so songs just to be a bit more selective.

I weighed in yesterday for the firs time in a couple of weeks. I am 193, which is about where I have been for the past month or so...BUT, this is 33 pounds lighter than when I started the first streak that went 106 days. Though constant, but the weight is shifting around at this point through the lifting I am doing.

Keep up the good work!!

3:22 AM  
Blogger Keith said...

johnboy--
Thanks for the encouragement and congrats on the 17 day streak and for the 33 pounds you've lost! That is awesome!!!

Boy this exercise streak really feeds on itself. Once you get started and get a string of successful days under your belt you really don't want to stop.

11:37 AM  
Blogger Scott K. Johnson said...

Hi Keith!

The jb100 - that's awesome. It's really great of you to mark such a tribute to johnboy, who has been such an influence on all of us.

And you are also influencing many of us with your hard work and dedication!

Great job!

8:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home