Wednesday, February 08, 2006

Tagged by Vivian

In the latest round of 'tag, your it', I'm 'it'!

Four jobs I've had in my life:

  1. Hamburger cook at Whataburger
  2. Waiter/Head Waiter at Red Lobster
  3. Bookkeeper
  4. Project Manager

Four movies I can watch over and over:

  1. Forrest Gump
  2. The Untouchables (You just can't beat Sean Connery)
  3. The Parent Trap (1998 remake with Lindsay Lohen, the music is great and it's pretty romantic towards the end. It has our song too... L is for the way you look at me... sing it Nat!)
  4. The Princess Bride

Four places I have lived:

  1. Texas (I was raised there... Hook 'em Horns and go Cowboys!)
  2. Olympia, Washington (Great place to get married... and we did.)
  3. North Carolina
  4. Tennessee

Four TV shows I love to watch:

  1. Good Eats (Alton Brown just rocks when it comes to food, science and humor!)
  2. 30 Minute Meals (Rachael Ray's spunkiness is just fun to watch and for the most part she cooks pretty healthy too!)
  3. The Apprentice (This appeals to the entrepreneur in me.)
  4. This Old House (Hey, a man's got to have his tools.)

Four places I have been on vacation:

  1. Leon, Nicaragua
  2. Budapest, Hungary (OK, both of these were technically mission trips, but it was still enjoyable.)
  3. Vienna, Austria
  4. Fairbanks, Alaska (Great place to honeymoon with your sweetie!)

Four of my favorite foods:

  1. Lasagna (My wife can whip up a pretty mean batch on occasion!)
  2. Lasagna (Angelos in Irving, TX makes some of the best, heavy on the cheese and at a great price too.)
  3. Lasagna - Not to brag, but I can make a pretty good batch in a Lodge #12 Dutch Oven around a campfire... this is life at it's finest.
  4. Lasagna - we just got a Johnny Carino's in town and I must say their's is mightly tasty too... but a tad pricey!

Four websites I visit daily:

  1. msdn.microsoft.com - good site for software developers and I do believe the the content is infinite!
  2. weather.com
  3. The OC
  4. monster.com - hey, I'm looking always looking for opportunity!

Four places I'd rather be right now:

This is a hard one, but as long as it's with my family I guess it doesn't really matter. However, it would be nice to be someplace warmer.

  1. Sebastian, FL (My inlaws used to live here. In the heart of citrus country, we really enjoyed our January visits and in addition a refreshing respite from the cold.)
  2. Hawaii (I've never been and I think it would be a nice place.)
  3. Las Mercedes hotel in Managua, Nicaragua. Good pool, good eats, nice warm weather and a stroll down memory lane!
  4. I'm keeping my options open on this one.

I'm tagging Laura and Kathleen.

7 Comments:

Blogger Kassie said...

I'd love your dutch oven lasagna recipe! Those cubscout campouts are getting a little rough, cuisine-wise.

9:01 AM  
Blogger Keith said...

kassie--
Yes, those cubscout meals get a little tedious after awhile... there's only so much you can do with a hobo pack.

When our den got into Webelos we started cooking with them right away. At one of the campouts, our den even won the coveted Golden Spoon award.

I'll be happy to send you the recipe, but it might be a day or too.

11:06 AM  
Blogger Sandra Miller said...

This Old House. Haven't thought about that one for a while.

Years ago, while still living in New England -- I LOVED watching this show (two of my brothers are carpenters... possibly something in the genes?).

Though, I must say I was never a fan of Bob Vila. Norm was always my guy-- maybe it was the accent, but (unlike Bob) he always seemed to really know what he was doing.

8:36 AM  
Blogger Keith said...

Sandra--
I must admit I have mixed feelings about Bob Vila too. I remember when he got the boot from This Old House and Steve Thomas took over. I thought the show was alot better. I think Bob's somewhat haughty attitude is what did him in.

I was thoroughly surprised when he made a comeback and landed that Sears tool gig. He's even got his own show now... who would have thought?!

1:07 PM  
Blogger Vivian said...

I can't say that I can agree with the liking of the Texas Longhorns, since I am a diehard Sooner fan but I still think you are cool.=) I love that you have been on Missions trips, my oldest has done a couple in the country and I used to be President of our missions council.
You know, I get the feeling you might like Lasagna. =)lol I have not made that in a long time, sounds good, maybe I will. Well, have fun in the snow and remember, be careful out there.

7:12 AM  
Blogger Keith said...

Vivian--
Sorry about your aversion to burnt orange! I don't understand, I root for OU... well, except when their playing TX.;-)

Mission trips, especially the two I took to Nica, really changed my perspective on the world. I am so very thankful for all we have in this country. Most have nothing there, it really helps me understand the desperate attempts to cross our border. (I chaired our Home missions committee for a couple of years and then our Foreign for several years after that... coolness!)

Yes, I do luuuvvv a good lasagna! In actuality I have to be very careful that I bolus for it correctly and it really helps if I do some light exercise (i.e. walk) after I eat it.

11:20 AM  
Blogger Kelsey said...

Keith! I want to hear about Nicaragua! I am studying Latin American History and am facinated by Nicaragua. I almost wrote my thesis about the Sandinistas, but since it's just a MA, I ended up working on a subject closer to home. Anyway, I'd love to hear more about your adventure!

4:11 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home