Monday, March 27, 2006

Day 33 Status Report

I knew it had been awhile since I posted, but then Johnboy gave me a gentle nudge and I said I've got to give an update.

The jb100 is still alive and well and a 40 minute bike ride earlier tonight completed day 33. Exercise is so good for people with diabetes and I have really been reaping the benefits, especially in the bG range. Most of the time my readings have been very good... most of the time. There is still the occasional dietary indiscretion or missed carb estimate that throws me above 200 and I guess there will always be. Exercise manages to cover a multitude of these sins, however.

Another benefit is that I've lost between 6 and 8 pounds, depending on the day and how gently I step on the scales. At this point I'm not too concerned with my weight as my BMI currently calculates to 22.4. What I really want to work on the next 33 days (or however long it takes) is reducing my waist size. If I could drop 3" in jean sizes I would be delighted. I'm really trying to avoid that middle-age belly that so many guys get, so as of a few days ago I've incorporated 50 crunches and a bicycling type manuever that's helping to tighten those abs. I may have to 'kick it up' a couple more notches to achieve the results I striving for. I'll see how it goes.

My posting may continue to be light as I am in hot pursuit of a job or contract work, whichever appears first. I'm also trying to upgrade my skills on some .NET (pronounced 'dot net') developer software as well as pursing a certification or two. I've got a good handle on a couple of these areas but still not as comfortable as I want to be before sitting for an exam. A day is never complete, however, without checking the blogs of my fellow OC'ers.

Peace and good bG's to all.

6 Comments:

Blogger Johnboy said...

Keith, excellent work! I think if you keep it up, your waistline is bound to shrink.

Also, good luck with the job search!

3:31 AM  
Blogger Keith said...

johnboy--
I hope your right! I'm a little farther down the age trail than others here in the OC and the weight no longer just 'falls' off me like it used to. Regardless, I'm going to keep at it.

Thanks for the encouragement... on all fronts!

4:16 AM  
Blogger Shannon said...

I'm happy to see an update!! I've been curious to know how things were going...I had faith you were keeping up though :)

Keep doing what you're doing and you won't be able to help but continue losing weight. You'll see.

4:45 AM  
Blogger Keith said...

shannon--
Thanks for the faith! I'll admit it's been close a couple of days. Sunday, for instance, I didn't get started till 10p... still got it done though.

I think if I could lose another 5 lbs the waist thing would probably take care of itself. Hey, as it is now, my watch fits better! (How come you always lose weight where you least want to?)

7:14 AM  
Blogger Scott K. Johnson said...

Great work Keith!

Your waistline has no choice but to shrink as long as you stay at it.

I was at a motivational talk once where he talked about the body and how it plateau's - it's almost like it is checking to make sure you are serious about the changes you're making. Stick with it and the body has no choice but to fall in line.

8:28 AM  
Blogger Lyrehca said...

Congrats on sticking with it and reaping the rewards

4:04 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home