Wednesday, October 04, 2006

Meme time again

I though I would join in on this meme that I believe Penny started.

1. Do you still have tonsils?

No, I lost mine about 8 years of age. I think my parents and the Dr were attempting to get me well as I was a sickly child. I now wonder if all this sickness was caused by D trying to rear its head before its official DX 3 years later.

2. Would you bungee jump?

If I was absolutely sure it was safe. While I’m not a wimp, life doesn’t go on forever and I don’t want to end it prematurely by doing something stupid.

3. If You Could Do Anything In The World For A Living What Would It Be?

Fly a medical rescue helicopter.

4. How many tattoos do you have?

None. I’ve always been afraid I wouldn’t like it later or I would change my mind.

5. Your favorite fictional animal?

I don’t have one… sorry.

6. One person that never fails to make you laugh?

My youngest son ‘T’. He’s a little person and has the keen wit and good sense of humor that so many little people seem to have. He can always cheer me up.

7. Do you consider yourself well organized?

I try very hard to be, but don’t look at my desk.

8. Any Addictions?

Probably good chocolate and a good cup of coffee.

9. From what news source do you receive the bulk of your news?

We read the local paper for local news and events. Robin and Company (CNN) many mornings while I exercise. The internet for indepth news… we alternate between FOX and CNN to try to get a balanced perspective.

10. Would you rather go to a carnival or circus?

I really don’t care for either, you can have my ticket.

11. When you were twelve years old, what did you want to be when you grew up?

An commercial aircraft pilot. I was DX’d the year before and was still trying to come to terms with the fact that this was no longer an option.

12. Best Movie You've Seen This Year?

Enemy of the State. Yes, I know this movie is 8 years old but I still loved it.

13.Favorite alcoholic drink?

I don't drink much alcohol anymore. I used to really like a good frozen Marguarita though.

14. What is the first thing you do when you wake up in the morning?

Go downstairs, get my Bible and a cup of coffee.

15. Siblings?

None. Like Tigger, I'm the only one.

16. What is the best thing about your job?

Freedom. Good thing as there’s not much money at the current time.

17. Have you ever gone to therapy?

No.

18. If you could have one super power what would it be?

The power to heal, but the responsibility would be incredibly heavy.

19. Do you own any furniture from Ikea?

No.

20. Have you ever gone camping?

Yes, many, many times. It’s still some of the best times I have all year.

21. Gas prices! First thought?

I’m in the wrong business. Just how do I go about getting 100 oil wells?

22. Your favorite cartoon character?

Dexter.

23. What was your first car?

A ’66 Dodge Coronet. My aging grandfather used to haul pigs to market in the backseat of this car!

24. Do you think marriage is an outdated ritual?

No. I think it’s still the best way to preserve the family and have stable, well adjusted kids. (I’m aware there are problems with many marriages and I'm sorry about this.)

25. The Cosby Show or the Simpsons?

The Cosby Show.

26. Do you go to church?

Yes. I’m on a couple of leadership teams at church. I can’t imagine life without it.

27. What famous person would you like to have dinner with?

Condoleezza Rice

28. What errand/chore do you despise?

I’m getting where I hate to mow the grass. I didn’t use to mind it. My youngest can’t mow the grass easily and my oldest absolutely hates it so that leaves dear ole dad… there’s got to be something better to do with the time.

29. First thought when the alarm went off this morning?

”Got to move Sam’s car”. ‘T’ just started a new job this week and has to leave at 6:30a. We didn’t juggle cars last night before bed.

30. Last time you puked from drinking?

About 34 years ago… once is enough!

31. What is your heritage?

Scotch Irish.

32. Favorite flower?

Begonias.

33. Disney or Warner Bros?

Warner Bros, I guess. I used to be a big fan of the Road Runner.

34. What is your best childhood memory?

In my early teen’s my parents bought a truck camper and a modest ski boat. We camped almost every weekend during the summer… it was a blast!

35. Your favorite potato chip?

A Lay’s Ruffle potato chip with a big bowl of French Onion dip.

36. What is your favorite candy?

A dark chocolate Milky Way.

37. Do you burn or tan?

I grew up in Texas, it’s a good thing I tan!

38. Astrological sign?

Virgo

39. Do you own a gun?

Yes. I never shoot them but I’m glad we live in a country where ownership is possible I hate it when guns aren’t used responsibly though.

40. What do you think of hot dogs?

I love them. My best endo ever told me that a quality turkey frank is a good alternative to high fat breakfast meats. I still have one with breakfast 2-3 times a week even now.

On the unhealthy side of the fence, have you tried the jalepeno and cheese hot dogs available at Pilot Truck Stops? These things rock, baby and at 2 for $2.00 it makes for cheap road food! (I eat one with the bun and one without to keep the carb count down. Bolus for 45g and you’re good to go!… is that ironic or what?)

10 Comments:

Blogger Penny Ratzlaff said...

Thanks for joining in Keith. It's always neat to learn more about fellow bloggers.

And, #11 broke my heart. I'm so sorry you weren't able to follow your dreams because of D. As much as I try to tell myself that Riley can do and be anything he wants, deep down I know that's not true. It's a hard pill to swallow.

6:08 AM  
Blogger Keith said...

It's really OK Penny. Some things weren't meant to be.

I've been truly blessed regardless.

7:31 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

So interesting, but the jalapeno pilot hot dog thing had me reeling, icky! I'm glad someone likes them! haha!

11:05 AM  
Blogger Keith said...

Sarah:
Thanks for stopping by! I know the jalepeno hot dog doesn't sound that appealing, but the flavors are subtle and well done, so it makes for a tasty treat.

Sorry you're ill, hope you get feeling better soon.

11:29 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That was so much fun getting to know more about you Keith. I love it when I find more things in common with my fellow D-bloggers. Maybe I should post this Meme too? hmm.

I was set to join the airforce before I was diagnosed. I was october 2nd of my senior year and about a week after diagnosis, i received a call from the recruiter I was working with and he said that they could not take me.

I am a major church goer too. I could not live without it.

3:26 PM  
Blogger Keith said...

George:
Yes, I too enjoy getting to see insights from other D-bloggers!

Sorry about your Air Force experience. Sometimes plans change, but it sounds like you were able to quickly redirect and do well in spite of D rearing its head.

Yes, church is very important to me. There's been a couple of times in my life I've had to cling on to God with all my might... in actuality it was probably Him carrying me. I don't know how I would've gotten by without Him.

7:55 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for sharing with us Keith. I love how strong you are and how tight a bond your family has. Hubby says he will make a point to try those pilot hotdogs. :o)

8:47 AM  
Blogger Keith said...

Thank you for the compliment Vivian. I don't feel that strong on the outside but I do have a strong internal resolve.

I do hope your hubby likes the Pilot hot dogs. It's been a couple of months since I've had one so that must mean it's time for another road trip!

10:32 AM  
Blogger Kerri. said...

After reading your meme, I have this crazy craving for extremely fatty, pepper stuffed hotdogs. :)

It's great reading these things, though, and getting to know my fellow bloggers better.

12:30 PM  
Blogger Keith said...

Kerri:
While the Pilot hot dogs are far from health food I don't think they're all that fatty (I haven't seen the nutitional breakdown however). Hope you get to try one someday. Here's the link, check it to see if there's one close to you.

I too enjoy learning more about my fellow d-bloggers. It really helps develop the community spirit.

7:22 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home