Meme time again
I though I would join in on this meme that I believe Penny started.
1. Do you still have tonsils?
No, I lost mine about 8 years of age. I think my parents and the Dr were attempting to get me well as I was a sickly child. I now wonder if all this sickness was caused by D trying to rear its head before its official DX 3 years later.
2. Would you bungee jump?
If I was absolutely sure it was safe. While I’m not a wimp, life doesn’t go on forever and I don’t want to end it prematurely by doing something stupid.
3. If You Could Do Anything In The World For A Living What Would It Be?
Fly a medical rescue helicopter.
4. How many tattoos do you have?
None. I’ve always been afraid I wouldn’t like it later or I would change my mind.
5. Your favorite fictional animal?
I don’t have one… sorry.
6. One person that never fails to make you laugh?
My youngest son ‘T’. He’s a little person and has the keen wit and good sense of humor that so many little people seem to have. He can always cheer me up.
7. Do you consider yourself well organized?
I try very hard to be, but don’t look at my desk.
8. Any Addictions?
Probably good chocolate and a good cup of coffee.
9. From what news source do you receive the bulk of your news?
We read the local paper for local news and events. Robin and Company (CNN) many mornings while I exercise. The internet for indepth news… we alternate between FOX and CNN to try to get a balanced perspective.
10. Would you rather go to a carnival or circus?
I really don’t care for either, you can have my ticket.
11. When you were twelve years old, what did you want to be when you grew up?
An commercial aircraft pilot. I was DX’d the year before and was still trying to come to terms with the fact that this was no longer an option.
12. Best Movie You've Seen This Year?
Enemy of the State. Yes, I know this movie is 8 years old but I still loved it.
13.Favorite alcoholic drink?
I don't drink much alcohol anymore. I used to really like a good frozen Marguarita though.
14. What is the first thing you do when you wake up in the morning?
Go downstairs, get my Bible and a cup of coffee.
None. Like Tigger, I'm the only one.
16. What is the best thing about your job?
Freedom. Good thing as there’s not much money at the current time.
17. Have you ever gone to therapy?
18. If you could have one super power what would it be?
The power to heal, but the responsibility would be incredibly heavy.
19. Do you own any furniture from Ikea?
20. Have you ever gone camping?
Yes, many, many times. It’s still some of the best times I have all year.
21. Gas prices! First thought?
I’m in the wrong business. Just how do I go about getting 100 oil wells?
22. Your favorite cartoon character?
23. What was your first car?
A ’66 Dodge Coronet. My aging grandfather used to haul pigs to market in the backseat of this car!
24. Do you think marriage is an outdated ritual?
No. I think it’s still the best way to preserve the family and have stable, well adjusted kids. (I’m aware there are problems with many marriages and I'm sorry about this.)
25. The Cosby Show or the Simpsons?
The Cosby Show.
26. Do you go to church?
Yes. I’m on a couple of leadership teams at church. I can’t imagine life without it.
27. What famous person would you like to have dinner with?
28. What errand/chore do you despise?
I’m getting where I hate to mow the grass. I didn’t use to mind it. My youngest can’t mow the grass easily and my oldest absolutely hates it so that leaves dear ole dad… there’s got to be something better to do with the time.
29. First thought when the alarm went off this morning?
”Got to move Sam’s car”. ‘T’ just started a new job this week and has to leave at 6:30a. We didn’t juggle cars last night before bed.
30. Last time you puked from drinking?
About 34 years ago… once is enough!
31. What is your heritage?
32. Favorite flower?
33. Disney or Warner Bros?
Warner Bros, I guess. I used to be a big fan of the Road Runner.
34. What is your best childhood memory?
In my early teen’s my parents bought a truck camper and a modest ski boat. We camped almost every weekend during the summer… it was a blast!
35. Your favorite potato chip?
A Lay’s Ruffle potato chip with a big bowl of French Onion dip.
36. What is your favorite candy?
A dark chocolate Milky Way.
37. Do you burn or tan?
I grew up in Texas, it’s a good thing I tan!
38. Astrological sign?
39. Do you own a gun?
Yes. I never shoot them but I’m glad we live in a country where ownership is possible I hate it when guns aren’t used responsibly though.
40. What do you think of hot dogs?
I love them. My best endo ever told me that a quality turkey frank is a good alternative to high fat breakfast meats. I still have one with breakfast 2-3 times a week even now.
On the unhealthy side of the fence, have you tried the jalepeno and cheese hot dogs available at Pilot Truck Stops? These things rock, baby and at 2 for $2.00 it makes for cheap road food! (I eat one with the bun and one without to keep the carb count down. Bolus for 45g and you’re good to go!… is that ironic or what?)