Sunday, May 21, 2006

IE7 vs Blogger

I’m not sure where the problem is, but I created another post in blogger, I went to save it and it was lost. This is at least the second time this has happened and it’s getting very frustrating. I think the solution is to compose in something else then cut-and-paste into blogger to see if this won’t help the situation. Actually, I think the problem lies between the Microsoft browser and Google owned blogger.

About three weeks ago I downloaded the beta version of IE7. Last week I noticed after performing a Google search and selecting a link., the back button does not take you back to the Google search but to the page you were viewing prior to that. It did not work this way in IE6.

To say Microsoft and Google are less than friends would be an understatement. Microsoft is poised to release some new tools shortly and Google is also making headway into markets not heretofore explored. Regardless of their animosity towards one another, I’m tired of loosing posts.

5 Comments:

Blogger Scott K. Johnson said...

Nothing more frustrating.

When I have time to finally compose a post, or even just to comment on something, then lose it due to connectivity problems here at work - it drives me batty.

I've thought a bit about composing in something else and copying here too.

Bah.

7:11 AM  
Blogger Major Bedhead said...

Use Mozilla or Firefox for a browser. I hate IE.

I generally compose in word or the Mac equivalent, if I'm at home. Blogger's eaten more than one of my posts, too.

8:25 AM  
Blogger Keith said...

Scott:
I'm following julia's lead here. In fact I wrote the post in Word and did the ole Ctl-C, Ctl-V (cut and paste, but I think you know that).

Julia:
My son has been trying to convert me to Firefox for some time, but since I develop software using MS tools I've been reluctant to switch. Basically I like the new IE7 as it has tabbed browsing and built in RSS feed tracking (ok... I know Firefox already has these). Also, I'm trying to keep in mind that it's still in beta... (I think I'm losing this battle).

9:58 AM  
Blogger Christine said...

Firefox has an extension called session saver. If for some reason I lose my browsing session (power outage, Firefox crashes, or more likely, Windows crashes) then everything I was typing it back when I start the computer up again. It's great, and can be set to pick up where you left off everytime, or just when the session crashes.

https://addons.mozilla.org/firefox/436/

2:24 PM  
Blogger Kerri. said...

Blogger ate at least four or five of my posts for lunch. Made me INSANE. Hence, my desire to covert to a dot com. However, that hence desire has given way to me periodically destroying portions of my new blog accidentally.

Hence, why I'm up at two in the morning.

Hence, bags under eyes.

Hence, you should compose in Word and cut and paste into Blogger. Save a Post: Cut and Paste!

11:06 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home