Sunday, January 01, 2006

The First Post on the First Day

I've known about blogging for some time now but until late November did not feel compelled to not only read any blogs let alone write one. Like many folks my schedule is full and I'm not looking for additional unsolicited items to fill what few discresionary minutes I may have in the course of a day.

However, change being a constant in our universe, in short order my opinions have changed drastically. My journey of discovery has gone briefly like this: I used to visit Diabetes Portal from time to time to see what was new. Not having a great amount of faith that a cure will be found, at least in my lifetime, I still like to keep up with new developments, and ponder what life might be like without fingersticks, infusion sets and the constant monitoring of diet and exercise that defines this condition. Unfortunately, upon my arrival at one of my favorite URLs, low and behold I find the gate closed and a signpost complete with explanation. So, let me take a moment to thank Deb Butterfield and the others who invested their time to give us this great information resource and additionally, my congratulations go out to her in the adoption of their second daughter!!!

Somehow that same evening (probably via Google) I ended up over at Scott Johnson's blog. From there my travels took me to Sandra Miller's and then on to Wil's place. Needless to say after these three stops I was hooked. Here are my own people struggling with many of the same issues I'm either dealing with currently or have dealt with in the past. As I've discovered other sites around the OC I've been amazed at the quality of writing and the information, commaraderie and encouragement between others with this condition.

It's my desire to share my experiences in the hope that others can benefit from the almost 37 year road I've traveled with this condition. I certainly don't have all the answers but I'm pleased that I'm complication free and still sailing strong. Let's tack into the wind, tighten the mainsail and we're off on what hopes to be another great year!

5 Comments:

Blogger Nicole P said...

Excellent, Keith. I'm excited to hear about your experiences, etc and look forward to you coming posts!

Nicole

8:39 AM  
Blogger Kerri. said...

Hi Keith,

I've seen you commenting here and there ... glad to see you've joined the blogging force.

I look forward to reading your blog!

Best,
Kerri.

1:12 PM  
Blogger Allison said...

Hey Keith-

As a former staff of Diabetes Portal, I'm glad you enjoyed the websites and I hope we made a difference.

One of my many hats is the OC website manager, so I will add you during my next update. So glad you see you here!

2:03 PM  
Blogger Sandra Miller said...

Welcome to the OC, Keith!

I found you through comments left on my blog and elsewhere.

37 years without complications... fantastic! I very much look forward to reading more about your experiences.

Oh, and I'm adding a link to your blog this evening.

Take care,
Sandra

7:51 PM  
Blogger Vivian said...

Hi Keith, I am so glad to have found your blog and I am really looking forward to reading about your experiences.

Vivian

4:50 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home