Sunday, November 09, 2008

D-Blog Day


I wanted to post today in honor of the 4th annual D-Blog Day. It's my understanding that Gina Copone over at diabetesdaily christened Nov 9th as the official D-Blog Day in order to unite the world of Diabetic bloggers back in 2005. Good idea Gina!

I enjoy blogging, but unfortunately don't make the time to post nearly often enough. There are several that post daily or almost daily and I don't see how they have the time to do it. Regardless of whether or not I post, a day is not complete without checking with several of my favorite bloggers to see what, if anything new is going on in their and/or their family's lives. I got away from this for awhile and missed it, but I'm glad to say I'm back reading regularly.

I am thankful for the OC even though I have never felt particularly alone with diabetes as many seem to do, It's always felt it was my lot in life and I try to handly it wisely and with grace and aplomb. However the DOC has given me a sense of comaraderie that I've come to enjoy. It's great to belong to a community where you can give as well as receive support.

Happy D-Blog Day everyone!

Labels: ,

9 Comments:

Blogger Scott K. Johnson said...

Happy D-Blog day Keith! Glad to know you're around and doing well.

2:42 PM  
Blogger Sandra Miller said...

So good to hear from you, Keith.

Happy D-Blog Day!

2:49 PM  
Blogger Caro said...

It's wonderful to see a post on your blog after so long! I know exactly how you feel about time!

Happy D-Blog Day!

3:18 PM  
Blogger Kerri. said...

You are absolutely right - this is where we can give and receive support. We have quite a community here, and I'm so thankful.

4:51 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy D-blog day!

I'm at least glad we have this holiday so that we can read posts from the infrequent posters! :)

8:19 AM  
Blogger George said...

Happy D-Blog day Keith. Whenever you post I will be here to read it!

Take care pal.

8:26 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, Keith. Glad to see you pop up on my blogroll! A little birdy told me that it was okay to lurk, post a comment, or blog just whenever you can.

Cheers,
J.B.

12:17 PM  
Blogger Araby62 (a.k.a. Kathy) said...

Wow, I hope to be in your shape 40 years in :) Happy (belated) D-Blog Day!

8:57 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey keith! i hadn't seen you around lately, glad you're back and blogging!

10:27 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home